Check out the first four posts, which cover naming your blogging domain, setting up a Typepad account, choosing a name for your blog, and designing the look and feel of your blog. They would be a great place to send any friend who is thinking about getting started in the Blogosphere.
Also please drop by some of the new blogs (see below) and lend a note of encouragement. Remember how it felt to be a new blogger? Wouldn't you have loved a comment or two? Now's the time to do that for a newbie.
- Karin's workshop co-developer, Lesley Perk, has created a blog called "the 'IT' girl." She plans to write about, among other things, her IT girl lifestyle. (Why is it that women ITers get to be called "IT girl" and male ITers have to settle for "geek?")
- Jaci Godman Irvine will be writing "Where there's a Will" with a great tag line: "It's never too early to make a Will but often too late." Guess what business she is in.
- Derek Goddard will be writing in support of his business. His blog is called "Dr. Derek's Blog." His first post is about how to feel your Chi Power. I tried the test, but failed. Perhaps I'm too excited about Karin's new blog babies.
- Peter Allen, tired of paying the osteopath to fix his aching body, is morphing from plumber to water specialist. His new blog, "Healthy Skin with Healthy Water" will be in support of his business.
- Robin Jobber has created a personally focused blog, "Rob's Blog."
- And last, but not least, "The Parky's" is written by Lucia Parkinson, who hopes to retire to her armchair and get rich as a blogger. Lucia, let me know how once you figure it out!
[Updated Monday, August 27, with a new link for Jaci's blog.]